Happy New Year and welcome to 2019!
Last year was such a tumultuous one according to the media, it’s easy to get caught up in all the negative, and forget any positive advances we humans have made.
So, as we welcome in a new year today, we thought it would be beneficial to take a step back and find some good news to share with you.
You may not be aware that, in the past 25 years:
- Two billion people moved out of extreme poverty*
- Child (under 5) mortality rates fell by 53%*
- Maternal mortality fell by 45%*
- Incidence of HIV, malaria and TB all declined
- Globally, life expectancy increased by 5 years*
And if that’s not enough to put a smile on your face – over this period, $1 invested in stocks grew five-fold! **
Happy New Year from everyone at Cambridge Partners.